Suraj Prakash Mangal Recitation before Katha

2:23 PM

Sant Mahapursh from all traditional sampradyas always have rectied this manglacharan before they began their katha. It is from various portions of the Gurpratap Suraj Prakash Granth, and you can hear it often when listening to Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindranvale, Sant Kartar Singh Bhindranvale, Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranvale, Sant Hari Singh Randhave Vale, Nirmale Mahapursh and Nihang Mahapursh like the late Jathedar Akali Baba Santha Singh Ji, who's audio is also included in this post.


To Listen to the recitation of this Mangal by the late Jathedar of Budha Dal, Baba Santha Singh Ji, click the play button below.












ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਨਾਨਕ ਪਦ ਪੰਕਜ ਬੰਦਨ । ਸਿਮਰੋਂ ਅੰਗਦ ਦੋਖ ਨਿਕੰਦਨ ।
I pay salutations to the Lotus Feet of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, I remember the destroyer of pain, Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji.

ਅਮਰਦਾਸ ਗੁਰ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਧਯਾਵੌਂ । ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰ ਰਾਮਦਾਸ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵੌਂ ।।੯੮।।
In my heart I focus upon Guru Amardaas, I sing the praises of Sri Guru Ramdaas Ji.

ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਅਰਜਨ ਬਿਘਨਨਿ ਕੇ ਨਾਸ਼ਕ । ਹਰਿਗੁਬਿੰਦ ਸ਼ੁਭ ਸੁਮਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼ਕ ।
Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji is the destroyer of obstacles, Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib eminates the right thinking

ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਹਰਿਰਾਇ ਨਮੋ ਕਰ ਜੋਰੀ । ਗੁਰੁ ਹਰਿਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਮਨਾਇ ਬਹੋਰੀ ।।੯੯।।
To Sri Guru Harrai I fold my hands in salutations, I focus my attention to Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib.

ਤੇਗ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਪਰਮ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲਾ । ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਬਿਸਾਲਾ ।
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur is the most merciful, Sri Guru Gobind Singh is without end.

ਧਰੌਂ ਧਰਾ ਪਰ ਪੁਨ ਪੁਨ ਸੀਸਾ । ਬੰਦੋ ਬਾਰ ਬਾਰ ਜਗਦੀਸ਼ਾ ।।੧੦੦।।
Upon the ground I place my head over and over again, to the Lord of the World I give my salutations over and over again.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼, ਉਤਰਾਰਧ ਅਧਯਾਯ ੫੭, ਜਿਲਦ ੪
Sri Gur Nanak Prakash [first section of Gurpratap Suraj Granth], Section Two, Chapter 57


ਜਿਸ ਮਹਿਂ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਗਯਾਨ ਹੈ ਮਾਣਿਕ ਭਗਤਿ ਵਿਰਾਗ ।
ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਉਦਧਿ ਬੰਦੋਂ ਕਰਿ ਅਨੁਰਾਗ ।।੧।।

Sri Guru Granth Sahib is an ocean, in which the form of wisdom is Amrit, and the form of devotion and spirtual longing is the Jewel, with love I salute it

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼, ਪੂਰਬਾਰਧ ਅਧਯਾਯ ੫੯
Sri Gur Nanak Prakash [first section of Gurpratap Suraj Granth], Section One, Chapter 59



ਕਹਾ ਬੁੱਧਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤੁੱਛ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥ ਬਰਨ ਸਕੈ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਜੁ ਤਿਹਾਰੀ ॥
Lord, how can my worthless intellect, Narrate your splendour?

ਹਮ ਨ ਸਕਤ ਕਰ ਸਿਫਤ ਤੁਮਾਰੀ ॥ ਆਪ ਲੇਹੁ ਤੁਮ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਧਾਰੀ ॥੩॥
Despite my wish to sing Your praises, I am unable to do so. You may amend the story (which I am going to narrate).(3)

ਦਸਮ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ, ਅੰਗ ੧੧੧
Dasam Sri Guru Granth Sahib, limb 111

You Might Also Like

1 comments