'Akal Akal Akal' - Sri Sarbloh Granth Passage Translated

3:35 PM

Below is a passage from Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji which has been translated. The last pauri of the post has been posted before but I have added the two previous pauris along with an audio of Giani Baba Inderjit Singh Ji reciting the entire passage. According to Baba Ji these svaiya's would be recited by the Nihung Singhs great fervor, one will understand why when reading the last line. Please press the play button below to listen to the passage being recited.











ਮਲਾਰ ॥
ਭੂਲ ਛਮੋ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਨਾਥ ਰਮਾਪਤਿ, ਹੇ ਕਰੁਨਾ ਨਿਧ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ॥

Oh Master of Maya, Ramapat, the Treasure of Mercy, please forgive the mistakes of this servant of yours.

ਅਵਗੁਨ ਕੋਟਿ ਭਰੇ ਅਪਰਾਧਿ ਅਵੱਗ੍ਯਾ ਦੋਖ ਨ ਨੈਕ ਬਿਚਾਰੋ ॥
I am filled with tens of millions of bad qualities and sin, I have no honour and I do not know the slightest bit about sins [how to discriminate between virtue and sin].


ਜੋ ਹਮ ਪੂਤ ਕੁਪੂਤ ਸਭੀ ਬਿਧਿ ਅਵਗੁਨ ਚੂਕ ਨ ਦਾਸ ਚਿਤਾਰੋ ॥
I am a bad son of yours in every way, but please do not think about my bad qualities and mistakes.

ਬਾਹ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਕਰੋ ਮੁਝ ਹੇ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਦਯਾ ਕਰ ਤਾਰਹੁ ॥੨੨੬॥੮੫੬॥੧੬੧੦॥
Oh Bhagvant, grab my arm and protect my honour, be compassionate towards me and carry me across [the dreadful ocean that is the world].

ਮਲਾਰ ॥
ਜਾਨਹੁ ਜਾਨ ਸੁਜਾਨ ਸਭੀ ਬਿਧਿ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਇਹੈ ਭਵ ਤਾਪ ਨਿਵਾਰਹੁ ॥

Oh all knowing Lord, this is my prayer, please eradicate my disease of fear


ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਦੋਊ ਤ੍ਰਾਸ ਬਡੇ ਜਮਫੰਧ ਕਟੋ ਭਵ ਪਾਰ ਉਤਾਰਹੁ ॥
The anxiety of both life and death are huge, cut away the noose of Death and take me across [the dreadful ocean that is the world].


ਹੌਂ ਮਤਿ ਮੰਦ ਅਨਾਥ ਹੇ ਨਾਥ ਦਰਿਦ੍ਰ ਹਰੋ ਮੁਹਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਉਬਾਰਹੁ ॥
My thinking is low and dirty, I am but an orphan, Oh my Master ! Destroy my disease and save me !

ਦਾਸ ਗੁਬਿੰਦ ਬਿਜ੍ਯ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਕੀ ਬਾਹ ਦੇ ਬਾਹ ਦੇ ਮੁਹਿ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਹੁ ॥੨੨੭॥੮੫੭॥੧੬੧੧॥
Says servant [Guru] Gobind [Singh], victory belongs to Satiguru [True Guru] Lord, give me your arm, give me your arm and grant me salvation !

ਮਲਾਰ ॥
ਜੇ ਉਪਮਾ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਨਾਥ ਕੀ ਗਾਇ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਭਵ ਫਾਸਿ ਨ ਫੇਰ ਪਰੇਗੇ ॥

Whoever sings the praises of the Lord of Maya, will never be trapped in the noose (of death)

ਆਰਿਤ ਜੱਗ ਕਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਹੇਤੂ ਰਰੈ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਨਾਥ ਨਿਸ੍ਚੈ ਕੈ ਤਰੇਗੇ ॥
Those who worship the Lord with love and recite His name with complete faith, they shall merge with the Lord Master

ਪੂਜਬੇ ਜੋਗ ਨ ਔਰ ਹੈ ਦੂਸਰ, ਏਕ ਗੁਪਾਲ ਗੁਪਾਲ ਕਰੇਗੇ ॥
(Those that realize that) only The Lord is worthy of worship, and those that recite the One (advait) Gopal (the one who takes care of the world)

ਲੋਕ ਸੁਖੀ ਪਰਲੋਕ ਖਲਾਸ ਅਕਾਲ ਅਕਾਲ ਅਕਾਲ ਕਰੇਗੇ ॥ ੨੨੮॥੮੫੮॥੧੬੯੨॥
Those who recite, Akaal ! Akaal ! Akaal ! (The Timeless Lord), in this world will experience happiness and in the next will be liberated.

Page: 176 Chapter 2, Vol. I, Sarbloh Granth

You Might Also Like

6 comments